1) Get A Good Night’s Sleep…
Studies show that only a small minority of school students (as well as the general population) get a full nights rest. It is recommended that students get a full 8 hours sleep.
2) Don’t Skip Breakfast…
We all know that it is the most important meal of the day…Students need nourishment to fuel to all that mental activity.
3) How to Pack a Backpack
– The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) recommends limiting the backpack’s weight to no more than 10 percent of the child’s body weight.
– Try to distribute weight evenly, using all compartments.
– Pack only essential supplies… leave non-essential items at home or at school.
How to Wear a Backpack
– Use both shoulder straps.
– Tighten the straps so the pack fits close to the body.
– The backpack should never hang more than four inches below the waistline, says the ACA.
4) Get Your Students A Chiropractic Check-up…
All Students should get a chiropractic check-up at least 4 times a year. Student’s skeletal systems are still developing and care of the frame is of utmost importance for physical health for the rest of their lives. Remember: As the twig is bent, so grows the tree!